Monday, February 24, 2014

Creature/Disguise/Explore

     For my Create/Disguise/Explore Project, I chose the Disguise theme. I have incorporated the Disguise theme into my work by creating a camouflaged sniper in a thick grassland. I chose to use colored pencils as my medium because they are easy to use and I can shade easily with them. I have not had many difficulties with this project, but drawing every single blade of grass was rather time consuming. Trying to make the sniper blend in with his surroundings while also making him noticeable was difficult as well.
     I think my piece was successful because the sniper blends in well with the surrounding grass. I am proud of how camouflaged the sniper is, as well as the sunset and mountain range in the background. If I could go back and change one thing, I think I would have made the grass shorter so more of the mountain range could have been exposed. From this project, I learned how to blend colored pencils to create great shades and new colors. I did this in the grass and the sunset.   

No comments:

Post a Comment