Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Two-in-One

For my Two-in-One project, I incorporated the idea of a whitetail buck with tree branches as antlers. This represents the idea of two-in-one because although the two themes are different, they blend well together. I am using graphite for this project because I do not want the lines and shading to be too dark, like charcoal, and I also want to be able to correct mistakes I make, something I will not be able to do with pen.The main difficulties I've had so far in my piece is trying to center the drawing on my paper. Also, I've been sketching my lines too dark, which has made the lines noticeable even after I erase them.I found my artwork to be successful because anyone can easily identify the deer and the branches as antlers.I am proud of the branches as antlers, because they are full of detail and truly look like branches. If i could go back and change one thing, I would have focused more on lifting my hand up when drawing/shading so the paper would not have turned out smudged. I have incorporated the theme of two-in-one by successfully combining a whitetail buck and tree branches to make it look like the deer has branches as antlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment